The Halifax Death Café is will be held on the Zoom platform for the foreseeable future.
Join us at a Death Café the first Thursday of every month from noon until 1:30 pm….. https://zoom.us/j/385464609
Death Café is a monthly community gathering where people come together to talk, ask questions, and learn all manner of fascinating things about the D word.
Expect to laugh a little, and leave with one thing you never knew before.
There is no agenda and no charge.
Facilitated by Jacquie Bell, Dawn Carson, and Deborah Luscomb, Death Awareness Educators.
- Based on the Death Café model developed by Jon Underwood and Sue Barsky Reid in the United Kingdom, our objective is to “increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives.”
- It is an open, unstructured, respectful space free of discrimination where we can express our views and bring our questions safely.
- It is not designed to lead anyone to conclusions about life, death, or life after death, and it is not a place to market information, products or services.
- Those needing bereavement support or grief counselling will be helped to find appropriate support and resources.
- It is always held on a not-for-profit basis and includes food or drink, whether brought or bought.
- People are free to come and go, to talk or not talk as they feel in that moment. Be curious! Enjoy!